Living in Johannesburg, South Africa will have you on the summer dresses bandwagon even if you are the worst of tomboys out there. The heat is just so uncomfortable it will have you repenting all your sins because, let’s face it – if you can’t stand 30 degrees of heat, hell will really be torture.
With days getting longer, the weather is getting warmer. That means the return of sleeveless dresses, shorter hemlines, and lighter fabrics. With this change in temperature, parties, gatherings, and events are now being held outside. It marks a transition in your wardrobe where you are exchanging the wool sheath dresses for the lightweight, airy and vibrant maxi dresses.
Over the years I have grown to love and live in mostly dresses so you can be assured I have become some sort of expert at picking out dresses. Here are some of the dresses I think would make your summer LIT!
- Shift dresses are your faves if you are a casual but elegant queen. I got this specific one a few seasons ago from Zara. They currently don’t have an exact one but you can browse through and pick one that suits your style.
2. Maxi dresses are usually THE must-have pieces of summer and I believe every woman should have at least one in their wardrobe for those lazy weekend afternoon dates. This season, MrPrice really came through with different styles to cater to all shapes and sizes as well as different budgets.
3. Something Sporty but Chic is perfect for the office and on lazy days it can be paired with sneakers. It’s not the easiest of looks to pull off at the office but you can pick your perfect fit of the Legit dresses here.
4. There are no other dress types that can show off your curves like the Bodycon dresses. If you have the stuff to flaunt, bless yourself here.
5. . Not only do these dresses accentuate your figure but they are quite airy and breathable. H&M seems to specialize in these short A-line dresses. And guess what? they are perfect for all body types.
For more on the summer dresses here is a video. Enjoy!
Let me know what you think of these looks and if you would rock them or nah?
Stay Fab and Flawless.